Appleby Magna Parish Council Website
Public Transport Changes
Passenger Transport Consultation
Leicestershire County Council are currently consulting on changes to their Passenger Transport Policy which may affect the village's bus service. Consultation is open until 13 June and can be accessed at https://www.leicestershire.gov.uk/have-your-say/current-consultations/consultation-on-passenger-transport-policy-strategy
Demand Responsive Transport
Leicestershire County Council are trialling a new Demand Responsive Transport which will serve the village with 1 return journey to Measham, twice per week. This trial will run between 9 and 25 May 2018.
Further details are available below.
- The main activities of Appleby Magna Parish Council include:
- Liaison with the local police and Neighbourhood Watch on crime, security and traffic issues.
- Scrutiny and comment on planning applications within the parish, submitted to the local planning authority.
- Initiation of capital projects to improve the environment, appearance and amenities within the village such as planters, play equipment, lighting/floodlighting, conservation and restoration work.
- Maintenance, repairs and improvements to parish facilities including recreational areas, public spaces and buildings.
- Liaison with other local authorities on the maintenance, repair and improvement of highways, drainage, footpaths, cycleways, public transport, street cleaning, conservation matters including trees and listed buildings, and environmental issues such as waste recycling.
- Support of local arts, sports, youth groups and societies, including grants where appropriate.
- Investigation and resolution of local problems and complaints received from the community.
- Setting the annual precept (local rate) to cover the Council's running costs including expenditure on staff, administration, buildings, public lighting, amenity areas, grants and capital projects. Annual production of accounts for public accountability.