Appleby Magna Parish Council Website
December Meeting Cancelled
Regretfully due to availability, AMPC have decided to cancel December's scheduled meeting.
The councillors will remain in contact with each other during this period.
If you have any urgent issues in advance of the next meeting, please feel free to contact a councillor directly.
Snarestone Road Closure
Leicestershire County Council has notified us that Main Street, Snarestone will be closed on Friday 23 November 2018 for carriageway maintenance works.
The Diversion Route is demonstrated below.
- The main activities of Appleby Magna Parish Council include:
- Liaison with the local police and Neighbourhood Watch on crime, security and traffic issues.
- Scrutiny and comment on planning applications within the parish, submitted to the local planning authority.
- Initiation of capital projects to improve the environment, appearance and amenities within the village such as planters, play equipment, lighting/floodlighting, conservation and restoration work.
- Maintenance, repairs and improvements to parish facilities including recreational areas, public spaces and buildings.
- Liaison with other local authorities on the maintenance, repair and improvement of highways, drainage, footpaths, cycleways, public transport, street cleaning, conservation matters including trees and listed buildings, and environmental issues such as waste recycling.
- Support of local arts, sports, youth groups and societies, including grants where appropriate.
- Investigation and resolution of local problems and complaints received from the community.
- Setting the annual precept (local rate) to cover the Council's running costs including expenditure on staff, administration, buildings, public lighting, amenity areas, grants and capital projects. Annual production of accounts for public accountability.